NASPI's Data & Network Management Task Team is organizing a technical workshop to address issues and inconsistencies in the configuration of Phasor Data Concentrators. The workshop will precede the NASPI Work Group meeting on March 11 and 12, 2014.
This workshop will bring together a core group of PDC vendors and users (both PDC clients and phasor data applications developers) to start discussions to achieve the following outcomes:
- Develop standard terminology or nomenclature for PDC configuration options
- Normalize PDC configuration options
- Improve clarity and ease of use in PDC configuration, particularly for bulk parameter changes
- Develop a standard for configuration of PDC meta-data exchanged among PDCs.
The workshop will focus on the optimal configuration for PDCs to match application requirements, particularly with respect to applications for system protection, wide area situational awareness and synchrophasor data archiving. The workshop will particularly review:
- Terminology differences among vendors
- Configuration user interface ease of use
- PDC signal modification capabilities
- PDC reporting capabilities
- PDC meta-data storage techniques
- PDC API
- Real world configuration examples
- Control Center.